Thursday, May 8, 2014

This Little Piggy Went to Market - Song for Children, Play Nursery Rhyme...



 My teacher and colleague Dr. Himadri was the inspiration behind the  character of the grand pa here.

Last summer when I went to Banasthali Institute of Design,Jaipur( where Dr.Himadri is the Director) to teach film language , while I was busy with the lectures he used to play with Nilaksh my three year old son. Watching them playing and talking I realized that  these days  children don't spend time with their grand parents ( Thanks to the so called Nuclear family set up ). I  remember as a child it was fum to be with my Thakumaa ( My paternal grandmother). Both my parents were working so my loving Thakumaa use to keep me company and take my care. I  was always a inquisitive kid who loved to hear stories. My Thakumaa was one of her kind and she knew how to tell the story in a new way, so every time when I heard her it was something new.I miss you Thakumaa , such a brilliant story teller you were !!!.

This summer my son  Nilaksh went to Kolkata to meet his grandparents ( Maternal and Paternal Grandparents) . I am sure he must have collected lots of sweet memories of story telling which he will cherish all through his life.

No comments: