Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Gillette starring Rahul Dravid by Nilanjan Das



This film was shot in 2007 .Brief was to create a brand ambassador who could rule hearts for more than a decade.    BBDO(the agency ) gave us only one shift to complete all the three films! As Rahul was available only for few hours. He had resigned from captaincy only on the previous day and I was strictly informed not to ask him any thing on cricket!! How absurd. It was a hinglish film. Every one was thinking- how can we shoot all the three films in one day? But I knew I could do it. Thanks to Arnab, Bappa and DOP Kiran Reddy for supporting me.
 Kiran and Bappa shooting Rahul while I was following the track and editing in my mind. I always enjoy looking at my actors rather than staring at the monitor while shooting.
 5 pm. we were ready for the last film, we had to shoot it before the light goes. It went well. We shot the second film after the sundown in the locker room.
 Rahul was asking me -What's the difference between Karta hai and Karti hai?. I said - Nothing! You say what ever you feel like, we will manage in post!
 Rahul was really good at remembering lines. All he wanted to know was the back story.
 We were using Super 16. It was raining till last night. Every one was praying to the rain god to spare us.
We decided No prompting , so every time Rahul forgot I would go and made him practice one more time. Speak Good, Feel Good, Look Good. Get the winning edge!!!  

No comments: